That script is AI slop... so I ended up writing the image importing myself. It only saved me the time of reading the AMC docs about extra fields.Dorohedoro wrote: 2026-05-10 19:50:15 I thought that the actor image code you added right after I shared the script through Mega was the one Claude created, but from your comment I now understand (or assume) that you made it yourself from scratch. Sorry for the confusion. I’m not going to talk about it again here, since it was just a personal project anyways...
[REL] IMDB ( via API )
-
Munkey
- Posts: 68
- Joined: 2025-06-19 04:55:29
Re: [REL] IMDB ( via API )
-
antp
- Site Admin
- Posts: 9905
- Joined: 2002-05-30 10:13:07
- Location: Brussels
Re: [REL] IMDB ( via API )
Thanks, updated on my server.Munkey wrote: 2026-05-10 19:20:33Code: Select all
3.5.0 - (2026/05/10) - Reworked country importing. Bugfix: The script failure when no country was present. Change: Added a '15' option for ActorsLimit.
For the other script (actor images), there is already another thread, and indeed discussions related to it should be done there:
viewtopic.php?p=95127#p95127
-
raulsara01
- Posts: 24
- Joined: 2024-09-18 08:26:59
Re: [REL] IMDB ( via API ) in spanish
Como ya estaba harto de tener que traducir la sinopsis y los comentarios de la info importada de IMDB, he modificado el script para que lance un Translate de Google y nos pase la info ya traducida. En opciones de script he añadido:
La opción principal es TranslateToSpanish:
0 = no traducir
1 = traducir solo la sinopsis (y solo si IMDb no la tiene ya en español)
2 = sinopsis + comentario (por defecto)
DescriptionLanguage1st Idioma preferido de la sinopsis.
Por defecto = 4 (Español de España). Si IMDb tiene la sinopsis en
ese idioma, la coge directa (sin pasar por Google) y solo traduce los comentarios.
DescriptionLanguage2nd Idioma de reserva si no existe el 1º.
Por defecto = 0 (Inglés). Si cae aquí (inglés) y TranslateToSpanish
es 1 ó 2, entonces sí se traduce con Google.
He probado algunas pelis y he tenido bastantes problemas con UTF8Decode en pelis tipo Danesas y nordicas por los acentos pero creo que ya funcionan, si veis cualquier cosa a mejorar me lo haceis saber.
Ahora le paso a Antonie el nuevo script
La opción principal es TranslateToSpanish:
0 = no traducir
1 = traducir solo la sinopsis (y solo si IMDb no la tiene ya en español)
2 = sinopsis + comentario (por defecto)
DescriptionLanguage1st Idioma preferido de la sinopsis.
Por defecto = 4 (Español de España). Si IMDb tiene la sinopsis en
ese idioma, la coge directa (sin pasar por Google) y solo traduce los comentarios.
DescriptionLanguage2nd Idioma de reserva si no existe el 1º.
Por defecto = 0 (Inglés). Si cae aquí (inglés) y TranslateToSpanish
es 1 ó 2, entonces sí se traduce con Google.
He probado algunas pelis y he tenido bastantes problemas con UTF8Decode en pelis tipo Danesas y nordicas por los acentos pero creo que ya funcionan, si veis cualquier cosa a mejorar me lo haceis saber.
Ahora le paso a Antonie el nuevo script
-
antp
- Site Admin
- Posts: 9905
- Joined: 2002-05-30 10:13:07
- Location: Brussels
Re: [REL] IMDB ( via API )
Thanks, the script has been added to the server
-
Saephyroth
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 2026-03-24 07:23:57
Re: [REL] IMDB ( via API )
Hello,
script is no longer working, every attempt to run it throws this error:
HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden.
Any clue?
script is no longer working, every attempt to run it throws this error:
HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden.
Any clue?
-
Munkey
- Posts: 68
- Joined: 2025-06-19 04:55:29
Re: [REL] IMDB ( via API )
Describe exactly what you are doing to get the error. And check what version of the script you are using.Saephyroth wrote: 2026-08-08 19:36:31 Hello, script is no longer working, every attempt to run it throws this error:
HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden.
Any clue?
I don't have any issues with it.
-
Saephyroth
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 2026-03-24 07:23:57
Re: [REL] IMDB ( via API )
Sorry, i was using 2.1.0 version. I updated the script and now it is working fine.
Question: is IMDB_userID the name of the user or is it the ID in the url profile page?
I get none of them working, even if my profile ratings are public.
Question: is IMDB_userID the name of the user or is it the ID in the url profile page?
I get none of them working, even if my profile ratings are public.
-
Munkey
- Posts: 68
- Joined: 2025-06-19 04:55:29
Re: [REL] IMDB ( via API )
Works for me. Better question is: how do you get your user ID? Because now IMDB URLs don't show your ID anymore, just some long obfuscated string.Saephyroth wrote: 2026-08-09 15:12:44 Question: is IMDB_userID the name of the user or is it the ID in the url profile page?
I get none of them working, even if my profile ratings are public.
IMDB userID looks like that -> "ur12345678".
-
Munkey
- Posts: 68
- Joined: 2025-06-19 04:55:29
Re: [REL] IMDB ( via API )
Found the way. Go to your ratings page, open Developer Tools, in DOM inspector tab, search for "authorId", there you will see your user id.
BTW, that long string in the url they call "profileId".
BTW, that long string in the url they call "profileId".
-
Saephyroth
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 2026-03-24 07:23:57
Re: [REL] IMDB ( via API )
Thank you very much, it worked!
-
lobest1
- Posts: 78
- Joined: 2018-03-13 20:29:48
Re: [REL] IMDB ( via API )
I have the same problem; the image of some actors is completely stretched. I don't see an option to crop the actor's image.MMM wrote: 2026-05-09 18:45:22 About the 15 images, I was able to change it, thank you.![]()
About the cropping:
The template I use (Nature) also cropped the images but I was able to change it, deleting the ''height value'' and now the thumbnails show like this:
This is the picture with no cropping downloaded with the actual IMDB script...clicking the thumbnail it opens the full picture like this one..
This is the same picture with this script...clicking the thumbnail it also opens like it's shown here...cropped
I just could not find the ''height value'' to delete, I'm not a coder![]()
Other than that, the script works fine, and also has room to improve, like ''share the same image for the same actors across the catalog''![]()
![]()
Thank you very much.![]()
Thanks
-
MMM
- Posts: 27
- Joined: 2023-07-12 12:37:18
Re: [REL] IMDB ( via API )
Opennig the template as a TXT and deleting the ''height=xx'' value (just leave the ''width=xx'' value) on the actors part, I got this, and that's what I'm using since. Openning the image, I get the same as the thumbnail but in real size.lobest1 wrote: 2026-09-19 12:45:47I have the same problem; the image of some actors is completely stretched. I don't see an option to crop the actor's image.MMM wrote: 2026-05-09 18:45:22 About the cropping:
The template I use (Nature) also cropped the images but I was able to change it, deleting the ''height value'' and now the thumbnails show like this:
Thanks
-
lobest1
- Posts: 78
- Joined: 2018-03-13 20:29:48
Re: [REL] IMDB ( via API )
thank you !MMM wrote: 2026-09-19 16:40:59Opennig the template as a TXT and deleting the ''height=xx'' value (just leave the ''width=xx'' value) on the actors part, I got this, and that's what I'm using since. Openning the image, I get the same as the thumbnail but in real size.lobest1 wrote: 2026-09-19 12:45:47I have the same problem; the image of some actors is completely stretched. I don't see an option to crop the actor's image.MMM wrote: 2026-05-09 18:45:22 About the cropping:
The template I use (Nature) also cropped the images but I was able to change it, deleting the ''height value'' and now the thumbnails show like this:
Thanks
-
Valmiki
- Posts: 34
- Joined: 2023-11-20 21:14:07
Re: [REL] IMDB ( via API )
Hello
Yes I have the same problem already posted here: viewtopic.php?t=5410&start=80
With the actors script this problem didn't exist. Images were cropped automatically on download.
Using too Nature Template and I am only using the width as well but that doesn't fix this problem.
I solved this problem by modifying each image manually with Photoshop, simply by cropping each image so that are all the same. A bit tedious but starting with an already existing database is not too bad. Just doing it for new entries only.
Hope it helps
Yes I have the same problem already posted here: viewtopic.php?t=5410&start=80
With the actors script this problem didn't exist. Images were cropped automatically on download.
Using too Nature Template and I am only using the width as well but that doesn't fix this problem.
I solved this problem by modifying each image manually with Photoshop, simply by cropping each image so that are all the same. A bit tedious but starting with an already existing database is not too bad. Just doing it for new entries only.
Hope it helps
-
Valmiki
- Posts: 34
- Joined: 2023-11-20 21:14:07
Re: [REL] IMDB ( via API )
Unfortunately, I found a new problem.
The script downloads the actors url wrong. Now the link doesn't work anymore. I explain: the link instead of being only "nm1046097" now there is the full link "www.imdb.com/name/nm1046097" in the respective field.
The result on the browser is: https://www.imdb.com/name/www.imdb.com/name/nm1046097 leading to an 404 Error
As you can see the first part of the link gets repeating hence the wrong link.
I have all my database working correctly except for the last entries done with IMDB (via API) scrypt. Is it only me getting this problem? How can I solve it?
Thanks
The script downloads the actors url wrong. Now the link doesn't work anymore. I explain: the link instead of being only "nm1046097" now there is the full link "www.imdb.com/name/nm1046097" in the respective field.
The result on the browser is: https://www.imdb.com/name/www.imdb.com/name/nm1046097 leading to an 404 Error
As you can see the first part of the link gets repeating hence the wrong link.
I have all my database working correctly except for the last entries done with IMDB (via API) scrypt. Is it only me getting this problem? How can I solve it?
Thanks
-
Munkey
- Posts: 68
- Joined: 2025-06-19 04:55:29
Re: [REL] IMDB ( via API )
Cropping isn't implemented because there's no way to determine where an actor's face is. E.g, an actor's face might be partially cropped out.Valmiki wrote: 2026-10-08 04:59:12 With the actors script this problem didn't exist. Images were cropped automatically on download.
I'll check this.Valmiki wrote: 2026-10-08 05:07:30 Unfortunately, I found a new problem.
The script downloads the actors url wrong. Now the link doesn't work anymore. I explain: the link instead of being only "nm1046097" now there is the full link "www.imdb.com/name/nm1046097" in the respective field.
The result on the browser is: https://www.imdb.com/name/www.imdb.com/name/nm1046097 leading to an 404 Error
-
Valmiki
- Posts: 34
- Joined: 2023-11-20 21:14:07
Re: [REL] IMDB ( via API )
Hello Munkey,
Thank you for your reply.
Yes. I do understand why you don't implement it anymore in this script. As a matter of fact from time to time I bump into those badly automatically cropped pics from the other script and change them manually. Pity I can't share screenshots I found one the other day: somehow I can't paste pictures here.
Anyway, I just hoped to help who like me wanted to have cropped pics.
About the URL I will be waiting for a solution: I am sure you this is doable or maybe there is an error on my side.
Thank you as always
Thank you for your reply.
Yes. I do understand why you don't implement it anymore in this script. As a matter of fact from time to time I bump into those badly automatically cropped pics from the other script and change them manually. Pity I can't share screenshots I found one the other day: somehow I can't paste pictures here.
Anyway, I just hoped to help who like me wanted to have cropped pics.
About the URL I will be waiting for a solution: I am sure you this is doable or maybe there is an error on my side.
Thank you as always
-
Valmiki
- Posts: 34
- Joined: 2023-11-20 21:14:07
Re: [REL] IMDB ( via API )
I
Last edited by Valmiki on 2026-10-08 14:57:23, edited 2 times in total.
-
Valmiki
- Posts: 34
- Joined: 2023-11-20 21:14:07
Re: [REL] IMDB ( via API )
If I understand correctly what you need it's what I have already done on the Template "Nature" long time ago to serve my likes.
If you go to around line 100 (or you can search it) you will find <table class="actortab">
In here you will find and have to remove the heights and their values. You should have 4 lines to modify. If you need more help PM me.
Hope it helps
-
Munkey
- Posts: 68
- Joined: 2025-06-19 04:55:29
Re: [REL] IMDB ( via API )
Just checked, everything is normal.
"nm1046097" - is not URL, it wouldn't open anything.Valmiki wrote: 2026-10-08 05:07:30 I explain: the link instead of being only "nm1046097" now there is the full link "www.imdb.com/name/nm1046097" in the respective field.
"www.imdb.com/name/nm1046097" - is URL, and opens properly in a browser.
I've no idea where you got this.Valmiki wrote: 2026-10-08 05:07:30 The result on the browser is: https://www.imdb.com/name/www.imdb.com/name/nm1046097 leading to an 404 Error


