[REL] IMDB ( via API )

If you made a script you can offer it to the others here, or ask help to improve it. You can also report here bugs & problems with existing scripts.
Munkey
Posts: 68
Joined: 2025-06-19 04:55:29

Re: [REL] IMDB ( via API )

Post by Munkey »

Dorohedoro wrote: 2026-05-10 19:50:15 I thought that the actor image code you added right after I shared the script through Mega was the one Claude created, but from your comment I now understand (or assume) that you made it yourself from scratch. Sorry for the confusion. I’m not going to talk about it again here, since it was just a personal project anyways...
That script is AI slop... so I ended up writing the image importing myself. It only saved me the time of reading the AMC docs about extra fields. ;)
antp
Site Admin
Posts: 9905
Joined: 2002-05-30 10:13:07
Location: Brussels

Re: [REL] IMDB ( via API )

Post by antp »

Munkey wrote: 2026-05-10 19:20:33

Code: Select all

3.5.0 - (2026/05/10) - Reworked country importing.
                       Bugfix: The script failure when no country was present.
                       Change: Added a '15' option for ActorsLimit.
Thanks, updated on my server.

For the other script (actor images), there is already another thread, and indeed discussions related to it should be done there:
viewtopic.php?p=95127#p95127
raulsara01
Posts: 24
Joined: 2024-09-18 08:26:59

Re: [REL] IMDB ( via API ) in spanish

Post by raulsara01 »

Como ya estaba harto de tener que traducir la sinopsis y los comentarios de la info importada de IMDB, he modificado el script para que lance un Translate de Google y nos pase la info ya traducida. En opciones de script he añadido:

La opción principal es TranslateToSpanish:

0 = no traducir
1 = traducir solo la sinopsis (y solo si IMDb no la tiene ya en español)
2 = sinopsis + comentario (por defecto)

DescriptionLanguage1st Idioma preferido de la sinopsis.
Por defecto = 4 (Español de España). Si IMDb tiene la sinopsis en
ese idioma, la coge directa (sin pasar por Google) y solo traduce los comentarios.
DescriptionLanguage2nd Idioma de reserva si no existe el 1º.
Por defecto = 0 (Inglés). Si cae aquí (inglés) y TranslateToSpanish
es 1 ó 2, entonces sí se traduce con Google.

He probado algunas pelis y he tenido bastantes problemas con UTF8Decode en pelis tipo Danesas y nordicas por los acentos pero creo que ya funcionan, si veis cualquier cosa a mejorar me lo haceis saber.
Ahora le paso a Antonie el nuevo script
antp
Site Admin
Posts: 9905
Joined: 2002-05-30 10:13:07
Location: Brussels

Re: [REL] IMDB ( via API )

Post by antp »

Thanks, the script has been added to the server
Saephyroth
Posts: 7
Joined: 2026-03-24 07:23:57

Re: [REL] IMDB ( via API )

Post by Saephyroth »

Hello,
script is no longer working, every attempt to run it throws this error:

HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden.


Any clue?
Munkey
Posts: 68
Joined: 2025-06-19 04:55:29

Re: [REL] IMDB ( via API )

Post by Munkey »

Saephyroth wrote: 2026-08-08 19:36:31 Hello, script is no longer working, every attempt to run it throws this error:

HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden.

Any clue?
Describe exactly what you are doing to get the error. And check what version of the script you are using.
I don't have any issues with it.
Saephyroth
Posts: 7
Joined: 2026-03-24 07:23:57

Re: [REL] IMDB ( via API )

Post by Saephyroth »

Sorry, i was using 2.1.0 version. I updated the script and now it is working fine.

Question: is IMDB_userID the name of the user or is it the ID in the url profile page?
I get none of them working, even if my profile ratings are public.
Munkey
Posts: 68
Joined: 2025-06-19 04:55:29

Re: [REL] IMDB ( via API )

Post by Munkey »

Saephyroth wrote: 2026-08-09 15:12:44 Question: is IMDB_userID the name of the user or is it the ID in the url profile page?
I get none of them working, even if my profile ratings are public.
Works for me. Better question is: how do you get your user ID? Because now IMDB URLs don't show your ID anymore, just some long obfuscated string.
IMDB userID looks like that -> "ur12345678".
Munkey
Posts: 68
Joined: 2025-06-19 04:55:29

Re: [REL] IMDB ( via API )

Post by Munkey »

Found the way. Go to your ratings page, open Developer Tools, in DOM inspector tab, search for "authorId", there you will see your user id.
BTW, that long string in the url they call "profileId".
Saephyroth
Posts: 7
Joined: 2026-03-24 07:23:57

Re: [REL] IMDB ( via API )

Post by Saephyroth »

Thank you very much, it worked!
lobest1
Posts: 78
Joined: 2018-03-13 20:29:48

Re: [REL] IMDB ( via API )

Post by lobest1 »

MMM wrote: 2026-05-09 18:45:22 About the 15 images, I was able to change it, thank you. ;)

About the cropping:
The template I use (Nature) also cropped the images but I was able to change it, deleting the ''height value'' and now the thumbnails show like this:

Image

Image
This is the picture with no cropping downloaded with the actual IMDB script...clicking the thumbnail it opens the full picture like this one..

Image
This is the same picture with this script...clicking the thumbnail it also opens like it's shown here...cropped

I just could not find the ''height value'' to delete, I'm not a coder :cry:

Other than that, the script works fine, and also has room to improve, like ''share the same image for the same actors across the catalog'' :hihi: :hihi:

Thank you very much. :clapping:
I have the same problem; the image of some actors is completely stretched. I don't see an option to crop the actor's image.

Thanks
MMM
Posts: 27
Joined: 2023-07-12 12:37:18

Re: [REL] IMDB ( via API )

Post by MMM »

lobest1 wrote: 2026-09-19 12:45:47
MMM wrote: 2026-05-09 18:45:22 About the cropping:
The template I use (Nature) also cropped the images but I was able to change it, deleting the ''height value'' and now the thumbnails show like this:

Image
I have the same problem; the image of some actors is completely stretched. I don't see an option to crop the actor's image.

Thanks
Opennig the template as a TXT and deleting the ''height=xx'' value (just leave the ''width=xx'' value) on the actors part, I got this, and that's what I'm using since. Openning the image, I get the same as the thumbnail but in real size.
lobest1
Posts: 78
Joined: 2018-03-13 20:29:48

Re: [REL] IMDB ( via API )

Post by lobest1 »

MMM wrote: 2026-09-19 16:40:59
lobest1 wrote: 2026-09-19 12:45:47
MMM wrote: 2026-05-09 18:45:22 About the cropping:
The template I use (Nature) also cropped the images but I was able to change it, deleting the ''height value'' and now the thumbnails show like this:

Image
I have the same problem; the image of some actors is completely stretched. I don't see an option to crop the actor's image.

Thanks
Opennig the template as a TXT and deleting the ''height=xx'' value (just leave the ''width=xx'' value) on the actors part, I got this, and that's what I'm using since. Openning the image, I get the same as the thumbnail but in real size.
thank you !
Valmiki
Posts: 34
Joined: 2023-11-20 21:14:07

Re: [REL] IMDB ( via API )

Post by Valmiki »

Hello
Yes I have the same problem already posted here: viewtopic.php?t=5410&start=80
With the actors script this problem didn't exist. Images were cropped automatically on download.

Using too Nature Template and I am only using the width as well but that doesn't fix this problem.

I solved this problem by modifying each image manually with Photoshop, simply by cropping each image so that are all the same. A bit tedious but starting with an already existing database is not too bad. Just doing it for new entries only.

Hope it helps
Valmiki
Posts: 34
Joined: 2023-11-20 21:14:07

Re: [REL] IMDB ( via API )

Post by Valmiki »

Unfortunately, I found a new problem.

The script downloads the actors url wrong. Now the link doesn't work anymore. I explain: the link instead of being only "nm1046097" now there is the full link "www.imdb.com/name/nm1046097" in the respective field.
The result on the browser is: https://www.imdb.com/name/www.imdb.com/name/nm1046097 leading to an 404 Error
As you can see the first part of the link gets repeating hence the wrong link.

I have all my database working correctly except for the last entries done with IMDB (via API) scrypt. Is it only me getting this problem? How can I solve it?
Thanks
Munkey
Posts: 68
Joined: 2025-06-19 04:55:29

Re: [REL] IMDB ( via API )

Post by Munkey »

Valmiki wrote: 2026-10-08 04:59:12 With the actors script this problem didn't exist. Images were cropped automatically on download.
Cropping isn't implemented because there's no way to determine where an actor's face is. E.g, an actor's face might be partially cropped out.

Valmiki wrote: 2026-10-08 05:07:30 Unfortunately, I found a new problem.

The script downloads the actors url wrong. Now the link doesn't work anymore. I explain: the link instead of being only "nm1046097" now there is the full link "www.imdb.com/name/nm1046097" in the respective field.
The result on the browser is: https://www.imdb.com/name/www.imdb.com/name/nm1046097 leading to an 404 Error
I'll check this.
Valmiki
Posts: 34
Joined: 2023-11-20 21:14:07

Re: [REL] IMDB ( via API )

Post by Valmiki »

Hello Munkey,
Thank you for your reply.

Yes. I do understand why you don't implement it anymore in this script. As a matter of fact from time to time I bump into those badly automatically cropped pics from the other script and change them manually. Pity I can't share screenshots I found one the other day: somehow I can't paste pictures here.
Anyway, I just hoped to help who like me wanted to have cropped pics.

About the URL I will be waiting for a solution: I am sure you this is doable or maybe there is an error on my side.

Thank you as always
Valmiki
Posts: 34
Joined: 2023-11-20 21:14:07

Re: [REL] IMDB ( via API )

Post by Valmiki »

I
Last edited by Valmiki on 2026-10-08 14:57:23, edited 2 times in total.
Valmiki
Posts: 34
Joined: 2023-11-20 21:14:07

Re: [REL] IMDB ( via API )

Post by Valmiki »

lobest1 wrote: 2026-09-19 12:45:47
MMM wrote: 2026-05-09 18:45:22
Image
This is the same picture with this script...clicking the thumbnail it also opens like it's shown here...cropped

I just could not find the ''height value'' to delete, I'm not a coder :cry:
If I understand correctly what you need it's what I have already done on the Template "Nature" long time ago to serve my likes.
If you go to around line 100 (or you can search it) you will find <table class="actortab">
In here you will find and have to remove the heights and their values. You should have 4 lines to modify. If you need more help PM me.
Hope it helps
Munkey
Posts: 68
Joined: 2025-06-19 04:55:29

Re: [REL] IMDB ( via API )

Post by Munkey »

Valmiki wrote: 2026-10-08 05:07:30 The script downloads the actors url wrong.
Just checked, everything is normal.
Valmiki wrote: 2026-10-08 05:07:30 I explain: the link instead of being only "nm1046097" now there is the full link "www.imdb.com/name/nm1046097" in the respective field.
"nm1046097" - is not URL, it wouldn't open anything.
"www.imdb.com/name/nm1046097" - is URL, and opens properly in a browser.
Valmiki wrote: 2026-10-08 05:07:30 The result on the browser is: https://www.imdb.com/name/www.imdb.com/name/nm1046097 leading to an 404 Error
I've no idea where you got this.