Got an idea and found a hint.
In the code I have this:
<td class="actors" width= "104"><a href="http://www.imdb.com/name/$$ITEM_EXTRA_U ... IPTION</td>
This explains why all actors URLs aren't URLs but just the last bit... in the database. The template holds the first part. No idea why is like that.
Also it doesn't explain why until now the script imported only the last bit. Beats me.
What can I do now to fix the situation?
I wish I could export and import only the extras but I already tried and doesn't work with the images. I vaguely remember that once you explained to me how to do this part.
[REL] IMDB ( via API )
-
Valmiki
- Posts: 37
- Joined: 2023-11-20 21:14:07
Re: [REL] IMDB ( via API )
Hello Munkey found the post with the info on how to recreate the database. It was Dorohedoro but you were also involved in the discussion. It was also about cropped images ... LOL
In the next days I will recreate once more my database and modify the Template. This should fix this problem.
No idea how I ended with this situation but the important is to find a solution.
Thank you for your patience.
In the next days I will recreate once more my database and modify the Template. This should fix this problem.
No idea how I ended with this situation but the important is to find a solution.
Thank you for your patience.
-
Munkey
- Posts: 69
- Joined: 2025-06-19 04:55:29
Re: [REL] IMDB ( via API )
The script never imported "only the last bit". I guess you're mixing up scripts.
Please post your template issues in a separate thread.
To import only extras: below all the script options/parameters, you'll find "Script limitations" > "Modifiable fields". Deselect everything there except Extras.
Please post your template issues in a separate thread.
To import only extras: below all the script options/parameters, you'll find "Script limitations" > "Modifiable fields". Deselect everything there except Extras.
-
antp
- Site Admin
- Posts: 9906
- Joined: 2002-05-30 10:13:07
- Location: Brussels
Re: [REL] IMDB ( via API )
There is no picture storage on the forum indeed. You need to use an external service, like imgur.com or others, which provide you a forum/bbcode link that you can include in your post.Valmiki wrote: 2026-10-08 14:38:51Pity I can't share screenshots I found one the other day: somehow I can't paste pictures here.
-
Valmiki
- Posts: 37
- Joined: 2023-11-20 21:14:07
Re: [REL] IMDB ( via API )
I guess that's it. I used to use the IMDB and IMDB Actors scripts. Both together were working great for me. Didn't know I couldn't do it.Munkey wrote: 2026-10-08 22:33:02 The script never imported "only the last bit". I guess you're mixing up scripts.
No issues, just a connection with the topic here. Now that I understand the problem I know I also have to modify the template but is not an issue.
Already tried but it seems that I can't only modify one field: "URL" in this case. I have to do it for all the extra fields. I guess I will have to find another workaround in order to keep my pictures already cropped.Munkey wrote: 2026-10-08 22:33:02 To import only extras: below all the script options/parameters, you'll find "Script limitations" > "Modifiable fields". Deselect everything there except Extras.
Thank you
-
Valmiki
- Posts: 37
- Joined: 2023-11-20 21:14:07
Re: [REL] IMDB ( via API )
Thank you so much. I will remember to use it in the future. Difficult to explain things without screenshots. LOLantp wrote: 2026-10-09 05:58:56There is no picture storage on the forum indeed. You need to use an external service, like imgur.com or others, which provide you a forum/bbcode link that you can include in your post.Valmiki wrote: 2026-10-08 14:38:51Pity I can't share screenshots I found one the other day: somehow I can't paste pictures here.