[ antp.be > Forum ]

[ FAQFAQ - SearchSearch - MemberlistMemberlist - UsergroupsUsergroups - ]

[ RegisterRegister - ProfileProfile - Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages - Log inLog in ]

Using Auto.Tools Script to Batch Edit Custom Fields

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.antp.be Forum Index -> Ant Movie Catalog > Help
revjoeyreed
PostPosted: 2017-11-14 19:27:02    Post subject: Using Auto.Tools Script to Batch Edit Custom Fields Reply with quote
View user's profile Send private message I cannot figure out how to use Auto.Tools script to add text to a custom field. I intend to batch movies in a series using a custom field named Series. I'd also like to order the movies in the series as well using a custom field I've named SeriesNumber.

I tried a couple of changes to the script, but they have been unsuccessful. I am confused by the help file in terms of calling to the custom field.

Any suggestions?
antp
Site Admin
PostPosted: 2017-11-14 19:50:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website To set a custom field you use SetCustomField which works like SetField except that you have to pass the field identified between single quotes (as a text string), since it is not a predefined value known by the script engine.
revjoeyreed
PostPosted: 2017-11-14 20:51:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
View user's profile Send private message I tried this, but got a duplicate identifier error. I'm afraid this scripting thing is beyond me.

Code:
function promptField() : Integer;
var
   Field: String;
   SetCustomField ('Series');
antp
Site Admin
PostPosted: 2017-11-14 21:23:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website It takes two parameters: the field name and the field value
revjoeyreed
PostPosted: 2017-11-14 21:26:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
View user's profile Send private message My mistake. I thought the value was supplied later in the script when the PickTreeAdd was invoked.

I think I'll leave the scripting to those who understand it better than I do.

Thank you for the information. smile
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.antp.be Forum Index -> Ant Movie Catalog > Help All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: